Aerotek RF Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
Aerotek is seeking a RF Engineer to support government R&D programs within cutting edge warfare systems development environment.
• Needs experience in system level test, typically using some sort of RF chamber, anechoic chamber, outdoor test range, etc
• electronic warfare countering threats
• RF decoys, active jamming, RF countermeasures, antenna measures analysis, microwave devices, exp in the RF side millimeter waves on radar or EW side
• Off board counter measures UAV airborne system EW RF effect threats deployed from ships
• Evaluate front end missile seekers and what defeats the seeker that they deploy on navy vessels
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience in a physics, electrical engineering or related engineering field.
• 5+ years of experience Designing, Building, and/or Modeling RF Transmitters, Receivers, and/or Associated Signal Processing Software or Hardware.
• Systems Testing of RF decoys need to understand how they work - Reviewing the RF Equipment is to government's specifications
• Must have demonstrated experience with RF Measurement Equipment and Experience Performing RF Measurements.- This is super important- Experience with multiple tools & test equipment.
• Anecoich Chambers
• Near and far field scanners
• Experience in the design and building of hardware is useful in so far as it assists in understanding the systems under test, and building/working with test equipment, but that is not the focus of the position (at least in the near term).
• Must have demonstrated experience in the Application of Microwave Devices Including RF Countermeasure Antenna Measurements and Analysis.-
• Testing, operational analysis
• Works with decoys , electromagnetic warfare – different from cellular and network communications – different power range and frequency band
• Must have demonstrated experience with RF Countermeasure Techniques and/or Technologies, Including RF Decoys and/or Active Jamming Technologies.
• Navy surface ship systems and some submarine systems is a plus
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.