SunTrust Banks Anticipatory Hire InStore Financial Services Representative FT (40 hours) - Atlanta Area in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W454468
Receive training while waiting for a permanent Branch or In-Store location assignment. Provides clients with courteous and professional service within a Branch or In-Store environment. Completes assigned responsibilities according to established guidelines; complexity of duties performed varies by position. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business.
Handles a variety of tasks and prioritizes during the course of a business day; Uses skills, ability and aptitude to deliver industry leading service, performs routine client maintenance requests, problem resolution and basic sales functions as well as basic and advanced Teller transactions. Commits to advancing individual knowledge of sales techniques and product knowledge to better serve personal and business clients while waiting for a permanent branch assignment. Contributes to meeting or exceeding client service and branch sales goals by offering and selling products and services and developing, expanding and retaining client relationships. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service behaviors that contribute to delivering an extraordinary client interaction. Identifies and maximizes cross-sale opportunities through client conversations. Exercises knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Identifies and maximizes cross-sale opportunities through client conversations. Some supervision and/or assistance may be needed with more complex tasks while receiving training on SunTrust systems and established procedures Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience as a Teller, Client Service Specialist, or In-Store Financial Services Representative, or an equivalent position at a comparable financial institution; or two years experience in a sales and service based position in a retail environment, which includes cash handling responsibilities with established processing procedures and controls.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act. Preferred Requirements:
College level courses.
- Strong probing, prospecting and listening skills to uncover client needs.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner and provide a high level of service quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of consumer and business lending solutions as well as deposit products.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.