SunTrust Banks Information Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W454399
Produces reports utilizing databases and applications to provide information to business leaders. Reports may be in the form of standardized dashboards or customized views of data upon request. Ensures data pulled is consistent with business needs/requests. Applies knowledge of the business to customize reports and deliver meaningful information. Reviews reports to identify data integrity issues and provides feedback to application/database administrators to ensure any issues are addressed. Answers questions from end-users of reports to provide additional context. Reporting may be focused on regulatory matters, operational metrics, and productivity metrics.
Experienced-level professional job that applies a solid understanding of concepts within own professional discipline and uses knowledge of the business and key processes gained practical experience. Solves routine problems of moderate complexity by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents. Focuses on enhancing knowledge of SunTrust's processes, culture and clients. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Actively participates in projects, including planning and execution activities; may be responsible for a project Workstream from start to finish. Provides informal guidance to new teammates. Works under moderate supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the professional discipline (e.g., information technology, project management, finance, risk management, etc.).
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents.
- Awareness of industry competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate SunTrust and other banks in the market.
- Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations.
- Master's degree or MBA and 3 years of related experience.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
- Experience with Financial Services industry; Marketing and Digital Areas.
- Experience with Data Lake, big data technologies such as TriFacta
- Experience with Data and Analytics Offices.
- Working experience as Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer (report development using BI tool, SQL queries, scripting, databases, Data Analysis, Excel)
- Sound experience with reporting/dashboard development tools (such as Cognos, Qlikview, QlikSense)
- Have experience on leading databases platforms such as MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle
- Sound experience with data analysis , business requirements gathering/analysis and writing data mapping for data, reporting and analytics solutions
- Sound understanding of the SDLC process
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence background; solid understanding of Kimball & Inmon approaches.
- Sound understanding of ETL concepts. Have strong SQL skills Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.