SunTrust Banks Legal Client Advisor Associate - Legal Specialty (Atlanta, GA) in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W451466
Job Description Manages a portfolio of legal professionals or supports assigned wealth management team(s). Consults with assigned clients to identify financial needs and introduces all appropriate financial solutions to the client, with particular focus on credit, deposits, investments, Capital Markets, treasury management, and financial planning. Coordinates relationships with, and refer clients to, other STI product specialists, using a team approach in delivering solutions to client's financial needs and enhance existing relationships. Acquires new clients through targeted prospecting and development of strong relationships with clients, referral sources, and Centers of Influence.
Recognize relationships at risk and notify the Managing Director / Client Advisor. Develop client presentations for current and prospective clients. Participate in key client interactions and other projects to grow/expand targeted clients and is a key member of the relationship team to assigned clients.
Maintain proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, Insurance licenses or equivalent designations and ensure that appropriate continuing education requirements are met where needed. Must obtain licenses within 100 days of assuming position. Position typically reports to Managing Director and is additionally mentored by a designated Client Advisor.
Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Bachelor degree with 2 years previous banking or other financial institution experience.
- Demonstrates basic investment, trust and wealth management, credit, and deposit product knowledge.
- Able to assess client needs, recommend products, and initiate sale and/or make the appropriate referral.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal documents (i.e., wills, trust agreements), investment terminology, general compliance knowledge and a solid knowledge of financial concepts, products and operations. Solid knowledge of banking systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Well organized and flexible with the ability to determine and focus on top priorities in a fast-paced environment. Preferred Requirements:
Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- 4 years banking or other financial services experiences.
- 2 years client support experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and database applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.