SunTrust Banks Real Estate Corporate & Investment Banking (RECIB) – Portfolio Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W453764
The SunTrust Real Estate Corporate & Investment Banking (“RECIB”) platform delivers a full range of products and services to public and unlisted real estate investment trusts (REITs). RECIB provides solutions to clients and prospects including: M&A advisory, equity capital markets, debt capital markets, financial risk management, bank credit facilities, treasury management, and various other products. The Portfolio Management team partners with RECIB Coverage Bankers to originate, structure, and execute corporate loan products for new and existing REIT clients.
The Portfolio Management team underwrites credit exposure to new and existing clients and actively manages the existing portfolio. The team is responsible for underwriting lead and non-lead opportunities, including any modifications and amendments, day-to-day client interaction, managing portfolio risk, and adhering to all regulatory and compliance guidelines.
The Vice President is a senior portfolio management professional serving as a primary credit contact for an assigned portfolio of RECIB clients. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert in credit products and will coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
- Leads the internal underwriting process for new transactions, refinancings, and amendments / modifications.
- Structures, reviews, and negotiates terms & conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate legal documentation.
- Leads the development of internal underwriting materials, including the preparation of credit approval memorandums, risk identification and mitigation, and financial analysis / modeling.
- Oversees the management of an existing portfolio of accounts. Maintains accountability for timely completion of annual reviews, risk ratings, and other portfolio monitoring activities in conjunction with junior portfolio management professionals.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal and external constituents (e.g. coverage bankers, credit officers, product partners, and internal operating teams).
- Coaches and develops junior portfolio management professionals.
- 5+ years of underwriting / portfolio management or related experience.
- Experience executing syndicated bank transactions for large corporate borrowers and running internal deal processes.
- Strong understanding of financial / credit analysis, credit documentation, and financial modeling.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and financial accounting concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Graduate of a commercial banking credit training program or equivalent experience. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.