Truist Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0025514
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Delivers highly complex solutions with significant system linkages and dependencies and associated risk.
- Leads and performs development efforts such as analysis, design, coding/creating, and testing.
- Participates in testing, implementation, maintenance, and escalated support of Truist's most complex solutions.
- Development includes but is not limited to customized coding, software integration, analysis, configuring solutions, or using tools such as, but not limited to, Pega, FileNet, WebSphere integration products to configure or generate a solution. Ensures adherence to company and industry standards.
- Provides technical consultation on extremely challenging or unusual situations. Lead/conducts robust unit testing and provides testing support for subsequent release testing.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise.
- May have people management responsibilities.
- May serve as a Developer (Software Engineer) on an Agile team. In an Agile environment: Acts as an Agile champion.
- Primarily responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks.
- Leverages continuous engineering practices to deliver business value.
- Actively participates in refining user stories.
- Responsible for development and developing unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing.
- Responsible for providing warranty support and providing knowledge transfer to production support.
Develops code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner. Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge.
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Ability to lead complex projects.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective. Preferred Requirements:
Master’s degree or MBA and 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Knowledge of the following technologies
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server for version control and code deployment
- GoCD for cloud pipeline deployment
- Redis caching solution
- Adobe AEM for AWS cloud management
- Financial applications from the Fiserv vendor
- Microsoft System Center Orchestrator for automation
- Deep knowledge and experience with two or more of the following: Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level.
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures.
- Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies.
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling).
- Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS).
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins. Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests. Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.