SunTrust Banks Sr. Business Continuity Coordinator in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455521
This teammate is ultimately accountable for effective execution of BCM program at the business segment/function. This person provides management and executive oversight to business continuity planning, disaster recovery, crisis management, problem analysis and resolution at the function/segment level. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides oversight to the business continuity requirements at the Business Segment/Function level in accordance with Business Continuity Management Policy and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, the Business Impact Analysis, testing, and plan development and review.
- Provides guidance to business functions for maintenance of their recovery plans (both BC and DR Plans.)
- Approves/authorizes process rationalization each year for each function/segment that he/she is the Sr. BC Coordinator for•Signs off final BIA results in conjunction with CTOs and summarizes information for reporting to Governance Manager.
- Escalates issues in execution of BIA and recovery capabilities to executive management in the segment and/or to BCM Leader for support.
- Provides budget requirement for the execution of BC activities to the executive management of the function/segment.
- Serves as a liaison between business functions and technology organization during recovery rehearsals and refinement of application recovery strategies.
- Takes responsibility for invoking business recovery to ensure ability to operate during a disruption.
- Accountable for consistently implementing corporate business continuity policies and standards, and meeting regulatory guidelines in accordance with the BCM governance guidelines.
- Provides oversight to third party BC assessment activities and compliance with principles laid down at SunTrust.
- Summarizes needs assessment and determines business units’/segment’s recovery priorities to report to BCM Leader.
- Meets with regulatory agencies and reviews regulatory documents for program compliance.
- Liaises with Internal Audit during independent reviews of business recovery plans and processes.
- Provides management oversight to prepare exercise after action reports for the business functions/segments in collaboration with BC Coordinators and Test Manager in BCM Team.
- Provides oversight to business continuity testing within the Segment/Function as stated in the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Testing Procedures.
- Participates in CIR Command Center calls during crisis events.
- Leads an unpopular change or new work process for the business function/segment.
- Serves as a single point of contact for multiple business function owners to assimilate information for BIA. Qualifications
- Recognized as an expert corporate consultant in multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others
- Expert knowledge of the business unit and related industry
- Experience on project teams
- Experience managing a segment of the project work
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results
- Excels in problem-solving, partnership, communications, persuasion, and negotiation
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.