SunTrust Banks Vice President - Corporate & Investment Banking Administration / Risk - Origination in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455284
The CIB Administration team manages, develops and documents the overarching CIB Risk Management processes that encompass all CIB business lines. This is a highly visible team that drives critical internal presentations for the CIB Risk Officers, CIB Leadership and the firm, such as the CIB Executive Team, CIB Head of Compliance, CIB Head of Operational Risk and CIB Audit. The team also aids in the development and documentation of risk playbooks and procedures for the sub lines of business to help drive development and execution of risk management. In addition, this team engages as the business lead for Wholesale/Enterprise system implementations impacting CIB and plays an advisory role with the leadership teams to ensure integration points are captured appropriately and effectively. The team also partners with functional teams to ensure CIB risk issues are successfully resolved, manage prioritization of technology projects, manage vendor relationships and monitor third party vendor risk status.
CIB Administration – Vice President Risk Administration – Capital Markets Originations
The Vice President role on the Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) Administration team supports the Head of Administration in helping drive the growth, the prevention of risk and compliance with regulations and laws that impact Capital Markets Originations.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Partner with CIB Risk Administration to ensure Capital Markets Origination groups understand risk for their LOB, appropriately mitigate risks and execute according to policy and regulations
• Manage and assist with the build and maintenance of best practices playbooks for Originations. Ensure procedures are documented with ORM and Compliance guidance.
• Document/maintain quality assurance activities, enhance controls within Origination processes
• Monitor/analyze issues for recurring symptomatic events. Identify and recommend preventative solutions
• Work with CIB ORM and CIB Compliance to document /report group level KRIs/KPIs
• Ensure compliance/risk training is complete and appropriate
• Manage and continuously enhance Business Continuity Plans, Information Access Management, Business Impact Analysis and Disaster Recovery plans are managed, documented and appropriately tested
• Product Owner on technology implementations when applicable to process enhancements such as deal team processes
• Assist with LOB risk execution ensuring LOB has the tools, documents and information as needed. Partnership with ORM, Compliance and Audit
• Assist with monitoring ongoing regulatory exam, walkthroughs and audits including consolidated reporting for senior management level review
• Set up maintain the administrative infrastructure for Originations including organizational charts, committee charters, ease of access to risk and training materials
• Communicate to Product Origination teams regarding applicable new and existing regulation, policies, procedures
• Support annual strategy and investment planning Qualifications
· BA/BS degree
· 8 years of related work experience
· In-depth knowledge of investment banking, market, industry sector and/or financial products
· Advanced skills in financial analytical, sales, presentation, client relationship management, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship management
· Superior skills in written and oral communications
· Proven self-starter with ability to multitask and be resourceful in meeting deadlines with quality results in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Experience working in financial services preferably operational risk, compliance or related field
· Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to interact, influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
· Candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources and identify key issues, develop hypotheses, gather and analyze data to prove / disprove hypotheses, and develop actionable recommendations
· Ability to work cross functionally with diverse personalities
· Strong work ethic and desire to learn continuously
· Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.