SunTrust Banks Wealth and Estate Planning Strategist, Private Wealth Management (Atlanta, GA) in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W465878
Responsible for utilizing complex financial planning and estate planning techniques to drive new business revenue and enhance retention within the regional field teams. Leverages and sources internal and external resources and centers of influence to acquire new clients. Presents compelling value proposition for SunTrust, financial and estate planning and the Private Wealth Management process. Complex diagnostic and review of financial and estate planning documents and circumstances leading to a comprehensive analysis, diagnosis and solution presentation in conjunction with the wealth and field teams. Directly measured against the ability to attract, retain, and drive new and retention business through partnership with the wealth and field teams. Exhibits and expands upon the core competencies of the financial planner job family. Maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, and the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam when applicable. Teammates will have 6 months (180 days) from their Start Date to acquire all of the registrations and licenses required for this position. Ensures that appropriate continuing education requirements are met where needed. Partners with internal and external influencers to attract and retain clients. Resident expert, media, internal and external presentations, content creation and delivery around ultra-high net worth and complex wealth and estate issues leading directly to client action. Requires a significant amount of decision making authority, working independently with partners Involved in the account strategy within the existing corporate policy and procedure guidelines. Involved in the creation, implementation and administration of the entities and structures proposed or operated. Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree along with advanced degrees or licensed/certification required (e.g., JD, MBA, CPA, CTFA, or CFP).
- Knowledgeable in all facets of fiduciary administration, tax and legal concepts related to complex wealth transfer strategies.
- Fiduciary, legal/ tax experience; technologically proficient
- Advisor has a highly technical and specialized foundation in fiduciary trusts and estate administration, in addition to experience with complicated estate planning design and discipline
- 10-15 years or equivalent in affiliated financial/ wealth field
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act. Preferred Requirements:
JD; MBA; MSM; CPA; CTFA or CFP
- Corporate fiduciary experience or legal practice in probate or trust administration
- 15 years or greater in above mention fiduciary, financial field Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.