Bernhard, LLC Commercial Plumber in Austin, Texas
Must be Local to the Austin, TX Area to be Considered for Employment.
Bernhard, through the compliment of its affiliated companies, including Bernhard MCC, Bernhard TME, Bernhard EP Breaux, and Bernhard Energy, provides turnkey development, financing, design, construction, ownership, operations and maintenance resources and expertise, as well as full service mechanical, electrical, structural, commissioning/retro-commissioning and energy engineering services for healthcare, governmental, educational, institutional, commercial, and industrial customers across the country.
This position is full time, reports to the Plumbing Foreman, and is considered Non-Exempt for purposes of the FLSA.
Primary Purpose: The primary purpose of the Plumber is to plan, construct, install, and repair all phases of potable water, sanitary water and water, natural gas and storm drainage systems in accordance with Local and State plumbing and building codes.
· Install all plumbing systems and supports by using approved job drawings and manufacturer's instructions.
· Install lavatories, toilets, urinals, and cafeteria plumbing fixtures.
· Install drinking fountains.
· Install storm drainage systems.
· Install sanitary sewer systems and potable water systems.
· Practice on the job safety.
· Identify obstructions to be avoided by inspecting structure.
· Comply with federal, state, and local building and plumbing codes by enforcing adherence to requirements.
· Keep plumbing equipment and tools operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Be able to test all plumbing systems per job specifications.
Skills & Requirements
· Ability to install PVC, ABC, no-hub, service weight, copper sweat, copper pro press systems, PEX pipe, and Victaulic piping systems.
· Ability to read and comprehend design drawings.
· Knowledge of testing plumbing systems to identifying leaks.
· Knowledge of basic safety, ADA Requirements, and state and local building/plumbing codes.
· Plumber's license preferred
· 1 year as commercial plumber preferred
· 2 years as residential plumber preferred but not required
· Ability to operate some types of plumbing equipment.
· OSHA 10 or 30 hour certification preferred
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs, be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist. Must be able to climb ladders, work both inside and outside, and around moving equipment safely.
Bernhard is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is Bernhard’s policy to recruit, test, hire, promote, transfer, compensate, train, grant leave, and terminate based on merit and business needs, and without regard to race, creed, age, color, ancestry/national origin, sex, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, religion, sexual orientation/sexual identity, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to email@example.com.