BT Design Engineer Professional in Bangalore, India
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
As part of the Simplify programme, this role is part of a team leading on the digital transformation for our Digital Consumer experiences. We’re in the midst of transforming our IT landscape to ensure we can support our business for the future, and this role is right in the middle of that, with brilliant opportunities to be part of it, but most importantly lead what we do next.
The squad you’ll be in lead on the build out of APIs, using microservice based architecture and cloud-native technologies to support cutting edge experiences, transforming how our customers interact with BT.
This is a hands on role, working within the IT team and along side our Consumer colleagues as part of the Digital Platform tribe, giving the opportunity to lead and mentor others in your team on the latest technologies and design patterns. We’re pushing boundaries to ensure we’re doing the best we can do.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Work with stakeholders and Engineering teams to ensure the correct technical decisions are being made to deliver the best customer experience
• Integrate and interact with experience squads and other squads who consumer our APIs, supporting the design of the software being built
• Analyse APIs for performance, scalability and observability, and help provide performance solutions.
• Write clean, comprehensive and scalable code, that’s cloud native
• Support our deployments to both on-prem and Cloud (AWS) platforms
• Able to confidently and independently complete development tasks
• Identify and deliver Minimum Viable Products where appropriate
• Drive the test engineering approach – working as part of a squad to implement automated testing across all applications we build
• Pair programme and peer review software written by other squad members
• Contribute to tribe ceremonies (stand-up, sprint planning, demo, retrospectives)
• Contribute to items from the improvement initiatives
• Contribute to platform technical direction and strategy
• Contribute to technical responses of impact assessments for business propositions
• Contribute to technical analysis and troubleshooting of operational and security related issues
• Contribute to internal and external conferences/meetups.
You'll have the following skills & experience
This is the place to detail any specific training or experience you'll want a candidate to bring. Keep it to aro
• Software Engineer (at least 2 years)
• Experience using Domain Driven Design principles as part of Microservice design
• Good knowledge of the fundamentals of REST API design, including API first design using OpenAPI definitions, aligning to TMFourm API schemas where appropriate
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
• Proven ability to successfully collaborate as part of an Agile development team
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal, as this plays a strong part in working as part of a squad
• Ability to contribute to ongoing process improvement activities in the team and look for ways to make a difference
• Communication of complicated technical requirements to the business leaders and project teams in non-technical language
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to engineer solutions to business requirements
• Good interpersonal and teamworking skills
• Ability to manage their own time and assist others to meet sprint commitments in terms of functionality delivered
• Interpret and communicate both technical and non-technical requirements
• Working with multi location on shore and offshore teams
• Experience in two or more of the following technologies/frameworks:
o Java Springboot
o RESTful design
o XML / SOAP
o CI/CD pipelines
o Swagger / OpenAPI
o RabbitMQ / Kafka
oExperience on AWS would be beneficial but not required, as training will be provided
und 80 words.
If necessary, this is where you should include specific degree subjects or training courses
You can also list soft skills here e.g. excellent telephone manner / good with people
Find the person in the skills and experience; it's not just a list!
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.btplc.com/careers)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Design and delivery
Title: Design Engineer Professional
Requisition ID: 163355