BT Technical Delivery Manager in Bangalore, India
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
The role holder is responsible for supporting the IT Financial Controls & Assurance Manager in ensuring that Technology meets its regulatory and compliance objectives to operate a framework of IT controls that supports BT financial reporting (ICOFR). This is important in several aspects, particularly in terms of meeting UK Corporate Governance Code, India Companies Act and additionally may be a dependency for customer contracts.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Providing (first line) assurance that appropriate IT controls are designed, implemented and effectively operated for BT to comply with UK Corporate Governance Code & India Companies Act obligations. Ensuring that the required controls are working correctly throughout the reporting period (year).
• Acting as an expert in one or more key IT processes (Access Management, Change Management etc), providing insight and expertise.
• Using expert knowledge to provide control operators, control owners and compliance leads with the most current guidance on the applicable control requirements to ensure they are met and understood.
• Ensuring that first line operational teams have robust plans to address control deficiencies and evaluate the impact of ineffective controls through impact assessments. Providing assurance that first line operational teams have maintained required evidence to give auditors sufficient proof that controls are effective.
• Drive business value from the necessity of compliance by thinking of and delivering simplified processes to increase the effectiveness of controls. This includes driving the delivery of automated controls and processes where beneficial. Ultimately delivering better control and decreased commercial exposure from non-compliant behaviour.
• Interfacing continually with IT operational teams, 2nd Line of Defence, external auditors and audit representatives of BTs customers.
• Ensuring that IT efficiently delivers all that is expected in the annual BT and external audit of IT ICOFR controls (interim and full year testing) . Controls will be tested by BT 2nd Line of Defence Testing team and external auditors, and your role will be to represent first line and ensure that control owners and operators are prepared and effectively deliver requirements. You will manage queries and blockages to successful and timely outcomes.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• The ability to effectively articulate the requirement for compliance, together with the need for appropriate levels of assurance.
• A good knowledge of the telecommunications industry in general although desirable is not essential.
• A track record of successful delivery in a similar role that ensures that controls meet / met internal and external audit requirements is expected.
• A sound knowledge of IT Control frameworks and the critical dependencies between IT controls as a building block to financial reporting control and how they impact overall business controls & processes. Understanding of the scoping requirements and outcomes of SOC & ISAE 3402 reports.
• A sound knowledge of enterprise risk management and three lines of defence model.
• Expertise in performing risk assessments, business impact and defining mitigation.
• Understanding of the IT build & run lifecycle across Technology and external vendors.
• Ability to handle pressure and execute critical decision making as well as being self-motivating
• Excellent communicator capable of engaging and influencing leaders up to and including the Technology LT and Corporate Functions.
• Ability to challenge and think strategically with the ability to blend technical, operational and commercial considerations in their decision making.
• Have a good knowledge of compliance toolsets such as SAP GRC Process Control.
• A professional audit qualification would be desirable (CISA preferred)
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.bt.com/careers)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Design and delivery
Title: Technical Delivery Manager
Requisition ID: 167906