Valero Staff Instrument Engineer (MSO/DT) in BENICIA, California
Provides Instrumentation engineering for new projects, unit or systems improvements, or troubleshooting assistance.
- Creates or revises loop, field junction box, marshalling and process instrument drawings.
- Provides orifice calculations/specifications, valve sizing/specifications, and miscellaneous instrument specifications for Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering.
- Maintains Honeywell and Foxboro DCS, which include revising graphics, group displays, alarms, tuning and DCS hardware.
- Maintains information for Dataloggers and instrument files/index.
- Prepares and writes requisitions for projects (Maintenance, Reliability, Operations and Engineering).
- Troubleshoots instrument problems for Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering.
- Attends project review meetings for reviewing process and instrument diagrams (P&ID's).
- Plans and supervises the work of instrumentation engineering and construction contractors.
- Designs, implements and maintains Safety Instrumental Systems.
- Evaluates and implements new instrument technologies.
- Develops 5-year plan for instrument upgrade projects.
- Provides training and develops training plans for I&E Technicians.
- Mentors less experience engineers.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project in a total project of moderate scope.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor’s (or higher) degree or foreign degree equivalent in Instrumentation, Electrical or Electronics Engineering required. * A minimum of eight (8) years of specific related engineering experience in a petroleum refinery required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage in departmental responsibilities.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel).
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-CA-Benicia
Job Posting: Feb 23, 2021, 1:54:20 PM
Unposting Date: Mar 25, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 210013A