Lockheed Martin Manager of RMS HR and Change Communications in Bethesda, Maryland
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: Reporting to the RMS senior manager of employee and executive communications, this leader will be a strategic, motivated employee advocate and strategist supporting Rotary and Mission Systems human resources and GD&I communications, with a focus on culture and change management. The role will ensure RMS is executing data-informed content strategies that support HR business objectives across internal and external employee channels. It will focus on advancing "OneLM" ideals to achieve our business results, and advancing our brand as an employer of choice through integrated partnerships across our lines of business and functional partners. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communications Strategy: Create and implement an overall integrated employee communications strategy in coordination with RMS human resources, culture and transformation objectives. This plan will weave together an overarching narrative supporting Lockheed Martin’s employee value proposition through optimized execution on both existing and emerging communications channels.
• Content Production: Oversee HR and culture communications campaigns that advance OneLM ideals to positively impact our business goals, GD&I goals, and organizational health. Write and/or approve team-developed project plans, ensuring content production is on-strategy and on-schedule. Advance enterprise thinking to effectively integrate external and internal employee communications strategies in partnership with talent acquisition and our LOB/Functional partners.
• Executive HR Communications Support: Serve as the Communications lead for our RMS HR VP. Maintain a comprehensive and integrated executive communications plan supporting internal and external speaking engagements, employee engagements social media presence and thought leadership.
• Drive Creativity and Innovation: Explore and integrate best practices from various industries and audiences in employee, HR, culture and change communications. Challenge the status quo and improve upon existing practices.
• Insights & Optimization: Leverage metrics gleaned from Poppulo, insideLM, LinkedIN and others, ensuring benchmarks and insights are well communicated. Contribute to executive briefings and inform future investment in communications campaigns and technology platforms.
• Monitoring/Listening: Ensure the team is appropriately monitoring and listening across all employee and channels and sharing as appropriate, recommending engagement strategies based on external conversations.
• Prior leadership experience
• Proven, superior writing and editing experience for employee and executive communications
• Master's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college, with professional experience specialized training commensurate with assignment
• Strategist with strong instincts and expertise influencing leadership thinking and decision making
• Change management practitioner
• Executive presence and Full Spectrum Leadership characteristics
• Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction and works effectively under competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Quick study with an attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.