Aerotek GIS Technician in Birmingham, Alabama
The position is located in Birmingham, Alabama. The designer will develop construction drawings for substations projects and will train, mentor, and supervise entry level designers. The Designer will work under the supervision of a Engineer or Program Manager
• Interface with the Client to obtain work packages, allocate them to designers, and complete the transmittal to the Client after design review
• On all projects designed provide estimates of the man-hours involved in designing and drawing the scope of work through completion of the design.
• With scoping information and general guidance, develop a substation, distribution, transmission civil design
• Independently develop 2-D drawings and 3-D models of electrical substations
• Develop layout and assemblies in 2-D and 3-D
• Use Project Execution Process for project documentation to track all design modifications and new designs
• Coordinate with other departments at the client that are involved in a design project
• Supervise and mentor less experienced designers
• Perform QA/QC and validate drawings for the project and the drawings of peers and subordinates
• Will be considered a “Subject Matter Expert” for Civil Design
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.