Verisk Cyber Product Owner in Boston, Massachusetts
Your position as a Senior Product Owner in the product management team will be responsible for contributing to the success of AIR’s Cyber risk modeling platform and products by participating in product planning, requirement development and implementation activities as we transition to a cloud based SaaS platform. You will serve as product owner for multiple scrum teams involved in product development. You will interact with Cyber model developers, client support teams and AIR clients and serve as a subject matter expert to help guide product development.
*About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role:*
- Independent product owner one or more scrum teams including:
Maintaining the team backlog and ticket prioritization and maintenance;
Working with Product Manager on use case development;
Driving new features to definitions of ready (DOR) and ensuring team deliverables meet the minimum definition of done (DOD).;
Remove obstacles to enable the scrum team to maintain a high team velocity.
Assist product manager with managing features internally and externally, including working directly with internal/external stakeholders and external customers to understand client workflows, product needs and competitive landscape.
Help identify product gaps as well as opportunities to improve product position in the market.
Collaborate with software developers, sales, consulting, researchers and subject matter experts – while developing expertise in understanding the use of cyber models and risk analyses in the internationally expanding business of cyber risk management.
Assist Consulting team in investigating and resolving issues reported in AIR product
• 3-5 years software product consulting, product owner or business analysis experience with a proven track record of successfully releasing software products
• Demonstrated business analysis experience for software development including requirements management, use case development; experience with project management and Agile software development methodologies.
• Experience working with catastrophe/cyber modeling software applications a plus.
• Good understanding of insurance and/or reinsurance industry, including related exposure data, financial terms and catastrophe modeling workflows a plus.
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex projects, including Agile product owner experience. Demonstrated ability to meet challenging schedule, scope and quality objectives.
• Strong analytical skills, quantitative and problem-solving ability;
• Experience developing SaaS products a plus;
• Self-motivated and quick learner, with good organization and time management skills; can work independently
• Good presentation and written communication skills
• BS degree in technical (e.g., engineering, science, math, computer science, statistics or closely related program of study) or business fields. Advanced degree preferred.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice