Charles River Laboratories Donor Recruitment Coordinator I in Bothell, Washington
Donor Recruitment Coordinator I
Req ID #: 139326
Bothell, WA, US, 98021
For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day.
The Donor Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for supporting diverse duties that relate to the donor program. Duties May vary from site to site.
• Attract and retain donors for the company’s donor center programs, including community involvement, hospital involvement, on-site recruitment, conversion donors, education, etc.
• If applicable, follow up with all accepted prescreens regarding the program and preparedness for the first donation. Follow up with deferred or rejected prescreens regarding potential referrals to the program.
• Maintain records and reports of donor recruiter activities in the assigned area to assure continuity of recruitment programs.
• Answer the telephone and greet on site donors and others in a professional, pleasant, and courteous manner.
• Compile monthly statistics to measure and track prescreen results and demographics.
• Establish a tracking system to monitor the efficacy of various recruitment approaches.
• If applicable, follow-up with donors who have become inactive. Investigate cause and encourage them to return to the program.
• If applicable, assure donor satisfaction through regular follow-up with donors to ensure their donation was as pleasant an experience as possible and to collect feedback toward increasing our level of service.
• Provide accurate information to potential donors regarding procedures to be performed including safety/hazards of the procedures.
• Constantly develop new donor sources. Maintain an ongoing public and media relations program in the assigned area.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Have 2 years of customer service experience and/or 1-year general office work preferred.
• Customer service background strongly preferred.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Consistently demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to company management, all levels of staff and donors.
• Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, self-starter, well organized and detail-oriented approach to tasks.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare’s vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles River’s integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someone’s life.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.