Cerner Senior Backend Software Engineer III in Brasov, Romania
Senior Backend Software Engineer III
IP ND & Maint. & Test SCP/S4
With more than 150 employees in our Brasov office, we are growing, and we want you to be a part of our team!
Cerner is looking for individuals that are interested in working at the intersection of health and technology. At Cerner, we’re continuously building on our foundation of intelligent solutions for the health care industry. Our technologies connect people and systems at more than 18,000 facilities worldwide, and our wide range of services support the clinical, financial and operational needs of organizations of every size. Leverage your expertise and join our mission by exploring our career opportunities.
In our team we develop the Cerner Next Emergency Department Cloud based solution intended to serve the physicians and nurses that give critical assistance to their patients. Our solution comprises workflows that are specific for the Emergency department, as well as some common for the whole hospital. We are using AI, ML, voice recognition to create a fast documentation model for the clinicians, so that they are investing their time in the patient care.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
We are looking for motivated candidates that show us:
The ability to develop and architect backend applications
Design, develop and document Java based software components in accordance with requirements specification, functional and technical design documents. (Hexagonal architecture knowledge is a plus)
Verify the developed source code by reviews
Provide development estimates
Driver of quality indicators, promote clean code best practices (in accordance with security tools Fortify and SonarQube)
Be able to work in a global environment with mixed teams and mixed cultures
Agile working environment: Work with the Product Owner, Scrum Masters, Dev Team members, UX designers, security specialists and other groups to identify technical and functional needs.
Auto req ID:
All employees must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field, or 4 years relevant work experience
Plus 2 years higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job including:
1 year of software engineering work experience
Fluent in English
• Experience in a similar role.
• Good knowledge of Java 11• Experience with frameworks like: Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate
• Experience with SAP HANA, Liquibase, Apache PDFBox
• Experience with microservices architecture
• API development
• Maven Experience
• GIT / Jenkins
• SAP BTP knowledge is a plus
• Experience with Scrum/Kanban methodology
• Decomposing problem statement into multiple methods/functions. Should be able focus on building reusable code, and write code in modular way
• Experience developing applications in enterprise environment
• International work environment (offices in +25 countries);
• Annual salary evaluation and compensation based on performance;
• Private health insurance and retirement plan;
• Flexible work schedule, including work from home policy;
• Opportunity to travel abroad accompanied by travel, medical and life insurance;
• Reimbursement for sport activities and for glasses.
· Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations;
· Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position;
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Relocation Assistance Available: