IBM Entry Level z/OS System Programmer (Budapest or Székesfehérvár) in BUDAPEST, Hungary
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities :
This role is responsible for providing service as ongoing operational management and control, including the overall operational health of servers, systems and subsystems. Also responsible for handling problems and changes by using the required tools and following appropriate procedures, and acts as the first point of contact in case of escalations.
· Planning and installation of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
· Planning and installation of upgrades/new software when required.
· Open requirements and/or fix requests for software updates
· Management of system & software configurations (via change control).
· Ensuring that all work is actioned in accordance with security standards.
· Use of the current processes/tools to assist with security healthchecking and maintenance of security standards.
· Ensuring that Security APARS/PTFs are managed and applied before due date.
· Creation and maintenance of documentation.
· Working to establish and build on collaborative working relationships with customer groups and other teams.
· Reviewing and approving change control plans.
· Resolution of problems relating to the operating system and associated software.
· Software - Problem Determination/Resolution
· Problem solution and changes which are carried out and monitored in various PCM Tools
· Software Last Level Support
· Maintenance of system documentation
· Maintenance of operator manuals
What we can offer:
· Competitive salary
· Health/insurance related benefits (private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
· Flexible benefit elements (SZÉP card, School Support, Local Travel Pass)
· Commuting and relocation support
· Special discounts with IBM card
· International environment
· Development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 1 year experience in IT support area
Intermediate English language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferred IT Engineer Degree
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.