Truist Software Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0025600
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
We are looking for engineers to join our team to build new financial applications for emerging IoT technologies like wearables, digital assistants, and streaming devices. Candidates should be experienced with software development, and willing to learn new platforms as needed. Since these technologies are still emerging, candidates are expected to have experience in adjacent technologies rather than the specific target platforms. Experience with web frameworks, API development, mobile development, and/or AWS experience are all directly applicable to this job.
Our team is made up of people who love to learn. Nobody on the team knows everything, but everybody contributes both in and outside of their expertise. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and refine features and tests for our APIs, Apple watch, Alexa, Google Home, Apple TV, Roku, and/or other emerging technologies
- Work with internal UX design and researchers to deliver usable and cohesive experiences on non-traditional platforms
- Participate in code reviews and Agile ceremonies
- Develop and maintain high quality code using industry best practices
- Contribute to the DevOps practices of the team
Teach teammates what you know, and learn new skills independently and from your teammates Required Skills and Experience:
8+ years of experience developing IoT, web, or mobile applications
- Strong experience with Node.js, iOS, Java/Kotlin, or Spring Boot
- Solid understanding of test driven development (TDD)
- Strong test automation skills
- Experience writing and/or consuming REST APIs
- Version control with Git
- Direct experience with any of our target platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) is a plus
- Experience with AWS Lambda is a plus Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.