Truist Software Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0025852
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Take a key role in the development of best-in-breed financial applications aimed at providing consumers leading-edge tools to maintain their financial life. Candidates primary work responsibility would be to create REST full Java APIs for rendering the data to front end.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Core Java/Spring: 4+ years
- Strong Java/J2EE skills with hands on experience in designing and developing REST based micro services in AWS (EC2, SQS and S3).
- Working experience with Configuration management principles and tools, particularly GitLab, Maven, Gradle.
- Hands on experience on Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline creation & maintenance.
- Experience with one or more Database from dev perspective (DB2, MySQL). PL/SQL queries
- Micro Services architecture (Spring Boot and others)
- AWS environment: REST based micro services in AWS (EC2, SQS and S3), familiarity with ECS (EC2 Container Service), Elasticache, RDS.
- Knowledge of Agile software processes including Scrum and Kanban
- Good to have experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch or ELK stack.
- Past experience working in Financial industry is a plus.
- Any experience in support tools such as SOAP UI, WebScarab,
- Bachelors of Engineering / Computer Science
Excellent communication skills Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as a technical expert with product, analysts, programmers and other team members to develop technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Responsible for complex program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
- Publishing builds through pipeline to deploy code to AWS.
- Instruct, direct and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts.
- Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
- Adhere to J2EE design principles.
- Brainstorming new features and ability to train the team on the same.
- Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call
- Closely work with IOS and Android front end developers for designing API requirements.
- Co-ordinate with other core component teams to integrate REST APIs with backend core components. Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.