VMware Senior Solution Architect - Automation - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Copenhagen, Denmark
Cloud Management Specialist Job Description:
Become a trusted technology partner to the Nordic enterprises. The Specialist SE is the person who understands, translates and communicates the business value that technology will deliver.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 30,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the data center, cloud and edge computing, right out to the individual employee device.
As a Cloud Automation Solution Engineer, you will collaborate very closely with Sales Specialists and the Account Teams to drive VMware’s solutions throughout the sales cycle, adapting to the different routes to market, whether as part of a project specific project, multi-cloud strategy or a full scale Software Defined Datacentre transformation. As a specialist, you will be customer facing, engaged in first calls, meetings, presentations, PoC's, documentation and demos. You will help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical authority in the room. You will need to whiteboard, demo, present technical material, qualify, and quantify sales opportunities to different stakeholders within our customer’s organization, both technical and non-technical. This is an opportunity to make a massive positive impact to our customers, as they continue the digital transformation journey.
· Articulate domain and product positioning to both business and technical audiences
· Identify all technical requirements to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
· Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
· Mentoring and enabling colleagues and business partners in a variety of locations
· Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud Management, industry directions, and trends
· Maintain working knowledge of competitive solutions and architectures.
· Maintain a full grasp of VMware’s wider vision and how your specialist portfolio fits into it
· Drive technical evaluation and validation conversations, onsite and remote, including product demonstrations and Proof of Concepts (PoCs) directly with customers or partners
· Sharing technical knowledge in the VMware internal community
· Work in close collaboration with Product Management, Product Marketing, etc.
· Solid experience in pre-sales for storage technology and virtualization, including roles in Pre-sales, Technical Account Sales or IT Consulting
· Experience in architecting automation and operations solutions of enterprise scale
· An understanding of the evolving business models of customers and partners
· Experience with Pre-sales Account Management and sales methodologies
· Superb communication skills and personal skills with the skill to speak to audiences at all levels
· Strong presentation skills and the capability to build and present high quality demonstrations to technical and executive audiences
· Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
· Effective in working both independently and in a team setting, especially in large matrixed organizations
· Experience with cloud delivered SaaS solutions and public cloud services including AWS and Azure a plus
· Strong IT-infrastructure technical skills e.g. scripting, Infrastructure as Code, x86 server platforms, network architectures, Windows and Linux operating system expertise
· You should be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology architectures
· You are persuasive and influence senior enterprise IT Architects and C-level executives
· Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive means
· Travel flexibility across the Nordic region
· Fluency in English is a pre-requisite
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-10-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.