Hilton Chef De Rang (Grazing by Mark Greenaway) in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
* The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:*
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the “Caley”, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh’s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our General Manager presenting the hotel
A historic gem in Edinburgh (https://youtu.be/3Gj0GqSanUA)
GRAZING | greenaway (markgreenaway.com) (https://www.markgreenaway.com/grazing-restaurant)
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a * Chef De Rang (Grazing by Mark Greenaway)*
Become a Team Member of “1 UK Best Place to work™”, according to Great Places to work®
Personal Development programmes for every level
Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- Do not forget a competitive starting salary
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
The world is yours– Your next role could be as a Food and Beverage Supervisor or within a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
* What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?*
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
* What will I be doing?*
As a Chef De Rang (Grazing by Mark Greenaway) for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
- Be knowledgeable about our food and drinks menus including cocktails and wines. As well as produce, cooking methods and concepts behind our menus.
- Understand our goal to create exceptional, personalised and unforgettable experiences.
- Proactively offer support to guests in need of assistance
- Respond to any guest request or need, personally where possible
- Comply with all relevant legislation governing hygiene, fire, health & safety at work and adhere to rules, regulations & policies of the hotel
- Carry out cleaning duties as assigned to you in any of the food and beverage outlets
- Adhere to all hotel brand standards
- Ensure you report for work punctually, in full uniform & meet grooming standards
- Attend training within working hours as required
- Attend meetings within working hours when required
- Be available to work in all Food & Beverage outlets as well as your main function in the restaurant when required.
- Support other operational departments when required
- Attend work on a flexible weekly rota
- Work any other duties as required by management
- Carry out all duties with a positive, courteous & friendly manner
- Proactively ensure both front & back of house areas are maintained clean & clear
- Attend beginning-shift briefing & complete end of shift handover
* What are we looking for?*
- Passion and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
Genuinely friendly and caring
Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and hard working
- Good communication and excellent grooming standards
- It would be advantageous if you worked in Food and Beverage previously.
There is no specific education or qualification required for this job.
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Chef De Rang (Grazing by Mark Greenaway)
Requisition ID: HOT080XX