Ross Stores, Inc. Store Manager in Hialeah, Florida
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Responsible for all aspects of the Stores' operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices and productivity.
General Operating Requirements
Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
- Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the District Manager as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
Leads all expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
Personal and Store Brand
Leads all Store Associates in, and models, a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor within the expected Company timeframe.
Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs to achieve Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
- Learning on the Fly
- Developing Effective Teams
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail environment
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
- Fluency in English.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills
Direct supervision of Assistant Store Manager, Area Supervisors and all Retail Associates.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.