Cardinal Health Engineer, Identity Access Management SSO Consultant in Indiana
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the key principles of Identity Access Management is required. Experience implementing and supporting IAM and Cybersecurity is desired.
- Experience working within regulatory standards and requirements such as, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR etc. is desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and executive audiences, both oral and written is required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Subject Matter Expert for Identity Access Management within the Integrations Team
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Self-motivated to identify potential areas of improvement within Identity & Access Management
- Fostering Innovationand Automation: Developing and/or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
The Identity Access Management SSO Engineer is responsible for all platform support and supporting applications. Strong partnership with the IAM managed services partner and other business stakeholders are required to ensure IAM services, technology processes, and operations adhere to Cardinal Health’s security policies, audit, and security controls while also maintaining agreed service levels and platform stability. The candidate should have an extensive background in IT operations with experience in maintaining and supporting platforms and applications as well as an understanding of Agile concepts. The right candidate must have a client-focused, team-oriented, approach that balances operational needs and user experience to provide best-in-class identity security to the organization. Overall scope includes services/capabilities related to Identity Management, Access Management, Privileged Access Mgt, API Security, and IOT/IDOT.
Accountabilities in this role
- Technically oversee IAM 24x7 operational support operations with adherence to SLAs andKPIs. Participatesin all CIE SRTs(Service RestorationTeam) calls during escalated issues / outages, and problem resolution (RCA).
- Drive consistent improvement in the reliability and availability of IAM services.
- Define and Measure build to run transitions to drive success of IAM program.
- Lead and partner closely with manage service partners to ensure service delivery meets or exceed contractual expectations
- Work with service vendors to deliver initiatives on time and within budget.
- Manages software life cycle. Responsiblefor ensuring software versions are supportable and compliant.
- Bachelors Degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Identity & Access Management.
- Minimum 3+ years of using Identity Access Management SSO solutions (required, Siteminder and Okta preferred)
- Minimum 3 + years of experience leading technical integrations. I.e.. Broad knowledge of network, Database, Server, Cloud computing.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing applications (java, python)
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Organizational skills that enables one to work on several tasks simultaneously, providing management with appropriate insight into the workload and priorities.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.