TEKsystems Sr. Active Directory Engineer in Irvine, California
What you will be responsible for
As Active Directory Engineer you will
• Architect, maintain, and support all Active Directory infrastructure
• Support all infrastructure supported by the Windows Server Team. This includes but is not limited to: DHCP, DNS, DFS, Vmware vSphere, as well as UCS and Nutanix HW
• Be responsible for delivering technology solutions and ensuring stability for the global server environment.
• Work across departments to make sure requirements are understood to ensure successful solutions.
• Work with Vendors to report and resolve issues.
• Assist in technology evaluations
• Provide 24x7 on-call support (on a rotational basis) and is available after-hours to assist with or supervise data center installations or activities (as required)
• Maintain and update documentation to stay current
• Assist with the development and implementation of standards, procedures and processes for the department.
• Drive automation at every layer of the technology stack with the goal of providing a mature stable platform for the entire company
• Support and Manage infrastructure projects
• Support day to day issues.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Convey information clearly and effectively, verbally and in written format.
• Advanced experience in implementing and supporting Active Directory
• In-depth experience in implementing and supporting VMware and UCS Infrastructure
• The ability to work with project management teams to ensure completion of critical projects as well as be able to manage their own projects from planning to completion.
• Able to design overall Windows Server solutions, conduct planning, requirements analysis, pre and post implementation support, training and maintenance
• Ability to recognize optimization and automation opportunities and possess the ability to implement them.
• Support change control policies
• Responsible for ensuring that the client’s performance, security, user experience, reliability, availability, and all other functional and non-functional requirements are met
• Maintain system documentation, including participation of acceptance testing and validation by business units
• Able to troubleshoot infrastructure problems, perform root cause analysis (RCA), and create supporting documentation
• Must be proactive and responsive
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Advanced knowledge of Windows domain management including designing/architecting implementing and managing of active directory
• Advanced degree in computer science or a related field OR relevant experience as listed following
• Advanced knowledge of Infrastructure Virtualization
• Proficient in cloud orchestration technologies (vRA UCSD etc.)
• Proficient in automation technologies (Powershell Scripting Puppet Foreman Chef etc.)
• Minimum of 10 years operational support experience.
• 10+ years of experience with the entire VMware vSphere stack in a large environment
• 10+ years of experience with enterprise hardware (HP and Cisco UCS)
• 10+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server
• Vendor management experience required.
• Proven ability to work effectively with multiple levels of management and employees in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated decision making organization presentation problem solving and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated communication interpersonal and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated risk evaluation skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizations to reach common goals
• Intermediate knowledge of Cisco UCS Central and/or Cisco Edgesight
• Intermediate knowledge of enterprise monitoring solutions such Nimbus, SCOM, vROPS, SolarWinds etc.
• Intermediate knowledge of networking technologies and best practices
• Proficient with Windows Server 2008 to 2019 including hands-on experience with system installation/configuration file system concepts resource monitoring user administration package management and process control/management
• Systems Software and Administration knowledge
• Remote monitoring and automation platforms
• Maintain servers across multiple environments
• Assist with the implementations of various projects (Servers Virtualization Disaster Recovery)
Windows, Active directory, Vmware, Windows server, Systems engineering, Powershell, Windows administration, vcenter, ESX host, Dns, Provisioning, Gpo, Group policy, Migration, Access
Top Skills Details:
Windows,Active directory,Vmware,Windows server,Systems engineering,Powershell,Windows administration,vcenter,ESX host,Dns,Provisioning,Gpo
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with Nutanix a Plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.