BluePearl Kennel Assistant in Lawrenceville, Georgia
BluePearl Veterinary Partners is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Kennel Assistant to join their fast-paced emergency department.
Are you committed and passionate about enriching lives through remarkable care for pets?
Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding work environment?
Are you a team player who enjoys working together on a team to provide quality care for pets?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
The Kennel Assistant is responsible for treatments of stable hospitalized patients and stable patients, outpatient diagnostics and treatments.
As a Kennel Assistant:
• You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle patients.
• You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
• You interpret and complete in-patient and out-patient work up requests by Veterinarian with in their skill set.
• You demonstrate the appropriate use of hand instruments and power scaling units.
• You appropriately utilize cold sterilization.
• You will clean, appropriately wrap, and sterilize instruments.
• You set up for routine procedures
• You induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients assigned ASA II & III classification.
• You can accurately and completely prepare and maintain anesthetic monitoring forms.
• You obtain and interpret blood pressure and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
• You set up constant rate infusions (CRI).
• You place peripheral over-the-needle catheter in all peripheral vessels.
• You appropriately restrain aggressive canine and feline patients.
• You can recognize abnormal heart and lung sounds.
• You maintain all feeding tubes
• You calculate all medical math including advanced and CRI (mcg/mg, %/mg, etc).
• You can identify patients at risk for arrest and initiates CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines.
• Experience working in a veterinary practice preferred.
• High School graduate.
We are looking for Full Time positions on all shifts.
Comprehensive training is provided upon hire.
health benefits options
referral bonus program
unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.