TEKsystems Sr. Instructional Designer/ Experience Designer in Linthicum, Maryland
* This is a fully Remote opportunity- Candidates can sit anywhere in the US *
We partner with progressive leaders to create opportunity, accelerate business transformation and help build the enterprises of tomorrow. We work with 80% of the Fortune 500 to address their technology, strategy, and talent needs. We innovate so industries stay ahead of what’s next. As a full stack technology and talent services provider, we partner with our customers across the globe to own change. Join us.
At TEKsystems Global Services, we live in the tech world. We’re out in front of the trends and tools that shape industry and create fresh opportunities. All-in, fully engaged, partnership is how we approach everything – our commitments and our people. Our people are at the center, fueling our high-performance and our inclusive culture.
We’re doers, looking for doers who do the right thing. Roll-up your sleeves thought-leaders focused on creating possible. Team champions who declare success only when everyone achieves their ambitions. Sound like the career experience you’ve been searching for? We’re looking for a Learning Experience Designer to join our team. A practitioner who accelerates outcomes, affects positive change, and moves business forward.
The Learning Experience Designer (LXD) is responsible for designing and developing modern learning experiences. The LXD leverages their experience with design thinking, interaction design, and user experience design (UXD) to create innovative learning experiences that drive adoption. The LXD is able to think creatively and strategically when creating unique learner-centered and client-focused experiences that are representative of next generation learning design. Experience with standard eLearning tools is great, but we’re looking for someone that can build client relationships and gather requirements, prototype and develop unique, innovative solutions outside of standard ID toolsets. LXD must have a growth mindset and have the drive to stay abreast of new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to create modern, engaging learning experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Meet with and interview internal and external clients to build partnership and understanding of the learning needs and business goals.
• Analyze client source content, target audience demographics, job tasks, and learner environment to identify learning objectives and appropriate instructional strategies.
• Create prototypes using UX and visual design principles to precisely communicate instructional strategies to clients
• Develop high-quality training content in multiple formats such as interactive eLearning modules/simulations, videos, modern ILT/vILT courses, tool kits, job aids, study guides, and performance support.
• Gather and analyze input from client Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to create and modify instructional materials.
• Work with a Modern Agile mindset by providing value early, experimenting rapidly and making the team and clients awesome.
• Identify evaluation criteria aligning to client’s key performance indicators
Skill / Qualifications
• Consultative and strategic mindset that analyze complex customer needs that accelerate business outcomes.
• User experience (UX) with ability to create modern learning deliverables with intuitive designs and interfaces
• Create protypes demonstrating UX using tools like Adobe XD
• Visual design skills and an ability to outside of standard learning solutions.
• Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Cloud in addition to traditional eLearning development tools such as Articulate Storyline
• Knowledge of new, innovative learning development software and techniques. Ability to stay abreast of later industry changes and adopt new techniques.
• Experience with microlearning, game design, performance support, VR/AR, and content curation.
• Experience with Agile methodologies and other rapid development approaches.
• Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, human behavior and performance, methods for curriculum and training design, and the measurement of training effectiveness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to analyze source content and extract relevant information for instructional purposes.
• Highly creative and curious with a growth mindset.
• Highly effective time and project management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, and implement multiple projects.
• Ability to identify problems, risks and issues; mediate and develop solutions; and implement a course of action.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients and Subject Matter Experts.
Credentials and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Graphic Design, Instructional Technology or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience producing high-quality instructional materials in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to develop unique, creative learning experiences that are modern and engaging is a must
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Desired Location/Region: 100% Remote with 25% travel
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.