WindStream Communications Sr Revenue Accountant in Little Rock, Arkansas
/Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority!/
*Job Overview: *
The Senior Revenue Accountant position oversees the compilation and analysis of Retail Revenue including but not limited to:
- Oversee the preparation of general ledger entries and reconciliations as required for a timely month-end close.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of balance sheet and income statement results and associated analysis.
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including resolution of outstanding items.
- Ensure compliance with and assist in documentation of GAAP and SOX controls
- Assist in coordination of the internal and external audit process.
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Lead and develop other Accountants within the group
- Assist with special projects
*Do you Have: *
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and basic knowledge of accounting functions and internal controls.
- Intermediate knowledge of GAAP and ability to research and resolve accounting application
- Strong analytical and auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile account balances.
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint).
- The successful candidate will be inquisitive, take initiative, able to work under pressure and have a solid understanding of accounting principles and internal controls.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and auditors
- Solid problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and ability to work effectively with limited supervision
- Commitments to excellence and high standards
- Overtime required
- Experience in JD Edwards, Strategy, SQL and Essbase.
- CPA a plus, but not required
College degree in Accounting and/or Finance and 3-5 years professional level experience with 1 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7 years professional level related experience with 1 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: Finance
Requisition ID: 21000793
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.