Mitie Cleaning Supervisor (working) in London, United Kingdom
Job objectives and responsibilities
Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Provide training on relevant role aspects to team members
Level of customer Service
• Deliver the agreed services within the budget allocated to their role and to the standard required.
• Work within the Soft Services Team, carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Successfully undertake the training matrix specific to this role.
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
• Follow the Company’s Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role and ensure that the Soft Services Team is preforming their duties within the correct HSQE guidelines at all times.
• Develop good relationships with the onsite FM Team, Janitorial Team and Client Customers.
• Induct and train the Cleaning Services Team as required in line with the MITIE Company Policy.
• Provide specific training on equipment, cleaning practises and use of chemicals to the Soft Services Team on site.
• Manage the holidays and absences allocation of the Cleaning Operatives to ensure that adequate coverage is available and that cleaning standards are not reduced.
• Assist and liaise with the Service Support Manager/Site Manager in the selection of suitable cleaning operatives.
• Maintain accurate staff attendance records and ensure the Signing-in Register is completed in line with contracted hours and that these records on reviewed on a daily basis.
• Allocate cleaning duties and areas to Cleaning Operatives ensuring that all areas of the sites are maintained and meet the needs of the contract and any relevant SLA’s.
• Complete the Cleaning Services Team site time sheets as required, ensuring that these are processed in line with the Company’s time restrictions.
• Ensure team members PIN in as required on site at the arrival at site and leaving site
• Ensure that Cleaning Operatives understand and adhere to the site rules and maintain a smart appearance, including the wearing of the MITIE uniform when carrying out their tasks.
• Manage and control the issuing and usage of cleaning materials on site, making sure that the correct cleaning materials are used for the task in-hand.
• Carry out a weekly check of all cleaning machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition and reporting any faults to the Facilities Manager.
• Report all accidents and/or potential hazards to the LifeLine and relevant management and update appropriate records as necessary.
• Review all equipment and store cupboards verifying that they are kept clean and that equipment and materials are left secured when not in use.
• Ensure that all relevant safety signs are provided and used correctly by all Cleaning Operatives
• Report any damage and safety defects on the premises to the Service Support Manager and log where appropriate.
• Monitor the standard of work of the Cleaning Services Team using the weekly building checklist.
• Respond to Customer complaints immediately in conjunction with the Service Support Manager.
• Attend appropriate training sessions to update knowledge of cleaning equipment, materials and company procedures.
• Ensure all areas within the premises are cleaned to the required frequency and SLA’s.
• Complete stock control/order sheets as directed by the Service Support Manager.
• To ensure all Cleaning Operatives are aware of Company/Client statutory fire and safety regulations and provide good safety methods of work.
• To undertake cleaning duties and any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
• Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
• Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
• Have a flexible approach to the role.
• Proven Customer Focus and Service Skills.
• The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
• Able to work from own initiative.
• Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
• Excellent Time Management Skills.
• Good Communication skills
- Must have knowledge/experience of floor cleaning machine
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.