Marriott Market Information Technology Manager in Mississauga, Canada
Job Number 21101778
Job Category Information Technology
Location Canada Development, 2425 Matheson Boulevard, Mississauga, ONT, Canada
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of a defined cluster organization, the multi-property systems manager contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support cluster and technology (IR) objectives. The multi-property systems manager, in conjunction with the area systems manager, is responsible for assisting property management with technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. The multi-property systems manager may direct the work of property or area systems technicians and interfaces with vendors, owners, executive committee and property staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 3-5 years experience in like position.
• Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Responsible for managing technology/asset life-cycle. Ensures that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)’ performance problems
• Is accountable for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Ensures technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
• Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
• Ensures that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
• Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
• Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
• Escalates problems as appropriate through Area Systems Manager, Global Field Services, IR Shared Services.
• Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
• Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
• Performs routine to complex desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
• Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
• Resolves issues with setup or reset of security passwords
• Supports email and use of MI network
• Creates and maintains secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
• Executes disaster recovery plans.
Managing Work within Budget Targets
• Assists/provides input to property management for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Possesses a basic understanding of the financial dynamics property operations and can apply knowledge/judgment to assist management in achieving technology-related goals.
• Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges
• Advises management on required short-term technology investments for property planning.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
• Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
• Ensures compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in a well-written and/or verbally articulate manner
• Provides exceptional customer service.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants : Canada Development takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Notification to Applicants: Canada Development takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.