CBRE HVAC Mobile Technician in Mississauga, Ontario
HVAC Mobile Technician
Areas of Interest
Building Management, Building Surveying/Consultancy , Construction, Engineering/Maintenance, Facilities Management, Property Management
Burlington - Ontario - Canada, Etobicoke - Ontario - Canada, Hamilton - Ontario - Canada, Milton - Ontario - Canada, Mississauga - Ontario - Canada, Oakville - Ontario - Canada
Working under limited supervision when supporting assigned service calls, utilizes advanced building maintenance skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment, building systems and equipment, vehicles and grounds across multiple industries/ buildings within a route. In addition, has skills in commercial and industrial refrigeration systems. Monitors building system operations and performance. Interacts directly with store management. Utilizes several trade skills beyond HVAC and refrigeration skills such as welding, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
Must be flexible on schedule. Ideal candidates will have prior experience as a Refrigeration Technician, HVACR Service Technician or Refrigeration Maintenance Technician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
· Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repairs, records as required.
· Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks. Utilizes CMMS to manage work orders and track completion.
· Responsible for installation and modification of building equipment systems.
· Responsible for the preventative maintenance and corrective repair of HVAC roof top units (RTU’s) and refrigeration equipment such as walk in/reach in coolers and freezers.
· Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
· Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC/R, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
· Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors.
· Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
· Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
· Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
· May serve as a mentor to other technicians.
· Report and communicate on a daily basis all work activity via PDA device.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or portfolio specific training to co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 4 years of refrigeration experience or 4 years of equivalent school and experience.
Prior RTU and refrigeration experience preferred.
Prefer experience in retail building maintenance and working knowledge of plumbing, drywall, painting, and/or flooring.
CERTIFICATES AND/ OR LICENSES
EPA 608 / CFC Certification as required. (Hiring Manager please specify required level(s))
Refrigeration License from an accredited school or through a completed apprenticeship program preferred. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair preferred. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local jurisdictions.
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks
Possess necessary skills to functionally operate a “full size” van/truck
Licensure as required by Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications
Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.
Find out more (https://www.cbre.com/real-estate-services/directory/global-workplace-solutions)
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)