Aerotek Maintenance Mechanic in New Brunswick, New Jersey
R&D Facility looking to add Facilities Maintenance technician to their team in order to support the operations of the entire building!
Why you should be interested:
Great First shift hours
Long term opportunity
Competitive Pay Rate
Candidates for this position should be experience:
Black Seal High Pressure Boiler license
Monitor and repair chiller systems
Summary of Responsibilities
• Operates high and low-pressure boilers as schedule demands in a safe manner.
• Schedules and coordinates required Boiler inspections and maintenance.
• Create and Maintain a Maintenance Matrix to track maintenance due dates for manufacturing equipment and utility systems using a computerized database (matrix system)
• Responsible for all building utility systems maintenance including HVAC, water, fire sprinkler systems, building electrical and plumbing as schedule permits
• Maintains voice, data and security systems
• Manages maintenance projects and repairs
• Track maintenance costs and identifies cost saving opportunities
• Negotiates maintenance contracts with outside contractors
• Provide 24/7 maintenance coverage for all process related GMP equipment
• Ensure that maintenance SOP’s are set up, maintained and updated to reflect current standards and requirements
• Maintains appropriate inventory of maintenance parts, supplies and tools.
• Perform the preventive and corrective maintenance program
• Daily walk through and check of building inside and outside including roof
• Daily check of manufacturing HVAC, building Chillers and Heating units
• Schedule annual boiler Inspection
• Renew yearly N.J. Division of Fire Safety certificate
• Schedule annual wet sprinkler system inspection
• Schedule annual fire alarm test of all pull stations
• Schedule inspection of all Emergency lights
• Schedule inspection of all Exits lights and signs
• Changing out and installing door locks as needed
• Write and issue Work Orders as repairs are needed and send to QA for approval. Keep track of Maintenance activities (GMP and Non-GMP)
• Write Preventive Maintenance Work Orders on new equipment and send to QA for approval
• Take Charge of Boiler room and related machinery
A. High Pressure Boiler
B. Low Pressure Boiler
C. Electric Steam Generator
D. QC Electric Boiler
E. Two Clean Steam Generators
F. Train employees on Boilers
• Supervise outside contractors
A. Train them on SOP required to do their Job
B. Work with their pricing of job
C. Write Requisition/ request PO form to have them paid in a timely manner
• Able to fabricate, cut and thread piping reading Blue Prints and Drawings
• Able to lift heavy material and drive a Fork Truck
• Able to fix minor plumbing issues
• Troubleshoot and fix faulty electrical switches, outlets, or lights
• Provide technical assistance for safety of the equipment users
• Do routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
• Be able to use common hand tools and power tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, saws, drills, and wrenches
• Basic computer skills
• Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
• Emergency call in 24/7
If you or anyone you know is interested in this role please do not hesitate to reach out!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.