Robert Half International Senior Accountant in OAK BROOK, Illinois
Description Robert Half Finance & Accounting-Permanent Placement is looking for a Senior Accountant for a client in the western suburbs. The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller. The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial statements. This position records all balance sheet and income statement activity on a monthly basis, using GAAP accounting.
• Demonstrates highest standards of personal and professional integrity, adheres to company’s policies and procedures, and complies with applicable laws, government rules and regulations.
• Prepares accurate financial statements according to schedule.
• Researches and analyzes financial activity and summarizes financial status.
• Records acquisition and disbursement activity for new and older assets.
• Reviews and understands general ledger activities.
• Works with other departments (Structure and Finance, Asset Management) to resolve discrepancies; recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Assists auditors with the year-end audit.
• Assists with special accounting projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Successful Senior Accountant will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 2+ years prior accounting experience, preferably in real estate and strong systems skills including Excel; JDE and/or Yardi are preferred.
If interested, please contact Brian Keating at 630-836-7152 Requirements Month End Close, Financial Statement Preparation, General Ledger, Yardi, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.