Cardinal Health Manager, Public Relations in Ohio
External Affairs is responsible for the development and implementation of public, social and media relations strategies to advance business and reputation goals. Encompasses public relations and awareness building strategies, national, trade and social media relations, thought leadership, crisis communications, reputation and issues management.
Cardinal Health is seeking an experienced professional to join our External Affairs team. This role will have a significant focus on writing, public relations and awareness building strategies (including national, trade and social media), issues management and will also include some financial communications support.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills as well as proven media relations track record and relationships with relevant journalists.
We are looking for someone who thinks proactively and with creativity; can navigate high-stakes situations with diplomacy, critical thinking and a can-do attitude; and enjoys putting pen to paper to get the job done.
- Promote and protect Cardinal Health’s brand and reputation passionately.
- Partner closely with Director of Media Relations to build and maintain strong relationships with key media outlets.
- Serve as partner and counsel to Cardinal Health leaders on media, reputation and other communication- and community-related issues/topics/events.
- Lead outreach for proactive campaigns and announcements.
- Partner with other communications colleagues to ensure alignment of messages and coordination of media activities.
- Develop quarterly and full-year media reports.
- Manage Cardinal Health’s media inquiry inbox.
- Solid understanding of media relations and social media principles, communications tools and measurement processes.
- Ability to lead media outreach and serve as company spokesperson for challenging issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create clear, concise communications for key audiences, drawing upon business and communication expertise. Selects writing style based on desired target audiences aligned to business goals and key stakeholders and modifies it to be channel appropriate.
- Ability to build strong communications plans connected to business goals and applies best-in-class communication strategies, processes, channels and practices to meet business objectives and desired outcomes.
- Ability to interact with senior executives independently and with confidence.
- Strong experience with issues management and crisis communications. Directs issues management programs and manages communication in crisis situations.
- Experience developing and leading communication campaigns and strategies.
- Provide input on all digital channels including, but not limited to: internal/external websites, social, and blogs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of strategies in achieving their stated objectives.
- Builds strong relationships while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Has a “nose for news” and experience in finding and developing stories.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Passionate storyteller with excellent attention to detail, positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Bachelors in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to be clear and concise and pay close attention to detail. Writing expertise is a must – experience writing press releases, talking points, briefing documents.
- Strong communicator, who is articulate, high energy and agile in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. A self-starter who can look around corners, identify what needs doing, and go do it. Enjoys working with others and maintains a sense of humor in times of stress.
- Excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines and expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Deep PR experience, including social media.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
A Covid-19 vaccination or legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.