SunTrust Banks Senior Credit Review Officer in Orlando, Florida
Req ID: W451301
As a risk management assurance function which provides independent oversight of credit risk, Credit Review is responsible for assessing the risk management of all credit portfolios within the Bank, and is the final authority in assigning credit risk ratings. Primary activities are the assessments of both Asset Quality and Credit Management Processes (i.e., Risk Rating, Strategy/Acquisition, Underwriting, Account Servicing, Loan Authority, Workout Management, Risk Trends, and File Integrity) to ensure acceptable credit standards are maintained, loans and portfolios are appropriately managed, credit risks are identified, and credit transactions conform to established company strategies and policies, as well as sound banking practices. Communication of findings is through written reports which are distributed to, among others, SunTrust’s Board of Directors, Executive Management and Regulatory Agencies, and responsibilities would include presentation of final reports to senior management. Job Level: Highly experienced subject matter expert role with either deep specialization or comprehensive knowledge within credit review which manages Risk Review for one or more complex business units within the SunTrust footprint. Completes process and Targeted Reviews as assigned. Primary duties include, but not limited to, conducting ongoing monitoring of assigned portfolios, analyzing data to determine adequacy of the credit management processes, serving as Reviewer-in-Charge for Targeted or Process Reviews to determine overall accuracy of the Risk Ratings and effectiveness of the Credit Management Process in assigned business unit. Develops project plans, manages team activities, analyzes findings, writes Risk Review reports, conducts meeting with different partners and management, and follows up on corrective action. Mentors less experienced teammates to build their own technical expertise. Applies in-depth and specialized expertise and/or a significant breadth of expertise in own professional discipline and other related disciplines. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services. Applies a comprehensive understanding of how the organization operates to solve technical, operational, and business problems. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Leads teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and complexity. Impacts the achievement of client, operational, project, service, and risk management objectives. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex and unusual situations. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, transaction structuring, credit documentation.
- Solid understanding of banking and lending practices, financial analysis, accounting rules and credit products.
- Sound and comprehensive understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Solid experience and competency in relationship and project management.
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective.
Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and an understanding of the market and regulatory factors that shape the industry. Preferred Requirements:
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.