Veritas Principal CX Designer in Pune, India
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
Today there are over 7 billion people on planet Earth and together we create up to 3 exabytes of new digital data every single day. Estimates show that in five years the digital universe will exceed 40 ZB of data. To be clear, 1 ZB or zettabyte equals 1 billion terabytes. If you tried to download 40 ZB of data today, it would take around 2 billion years. Needless to say, that’s a lot of people with a lot of information.
Veritas is a proven leader in the Enterprise Information Management space, and our mission is to enable our clients to harness the power of all that information. We know that infrastructure is important, but the information is what matters most.
Come join our brand new UX organization at Veritas, as we grow our group of outstanding UX Designers and User Researchers to gear up for new challenges. Today, our responsibilities include defining a company-wide vision for UX, helping cement our position as leaders in data management across cloud and on-prem platforms, and collaborating across the company to bring our best ideas together in new and innovative ways.
The Principal UX Designer will lead virtual teams of designers, researchers, and developers in collaborative explorations that add value to new and existing products and services. You will manage multiple projects in parallel, with minimal supervision, and seek out new projects that support larger business goals. You will produce fully-developed, cutting-edge design concepts, using research and design-thinking methodologies that elevate expectations for Veritas UX. You will be a senior member of the Veritas UX Community who leads company-wide UX initiatives, contributes to our UI standards and guidelines and mentors junior team members.
The position offers great opportunities for individual creativity and innovation as well as the benefits of a diverse, supportive and growing design community. We need your passion for design and ability to work across functional boundaries as we continue to create compelling user experiences and innovative new products at Veritas.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead fast-paced design brainstorming and ideation sessions with cross-disciplinary teams that result in breakthrough UX design innovations for future Veritas products and services
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that effectively communicate interaction and design concepts
- Lead virtual teams of developers, visual designers, user researchers, and product management to create product and service experiences that delight our customers
- Explore new concepts that allow us to better integrate our product and services in ways that better solve our users’ most challenging information management problems
- Make interaction and visual design recommendations based on test results, field research, usability sessions, etc.
- Compare and contrast various design solutions, and make decisions that take technical and resource constraints into account
- Contribute to the Veritas Design Language, our company-wide UI standards, where your work will not only appear in one Veritas product but will be used in all of them.
- Be an inspiration and mentor for junior team members
- Take a leadership role in the ongoing development of company-wide UX guidelines
- Lead and actively support the User Experience Design community
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B. Des./M.Des (Visual communication/ Industrial Design/ UI/UX) from premier institutes preferably NID, IDC, IITs
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 year’s experience; or equivalent experience.
- A portfolio of recent works is a must
- Demonstrated skill in leading cross-disciplinary design/ideation sessions
- Knowledge and proficiencies in wire-framing, prototyping, and creating mockups
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledgeable in web development technologies, including HTML5, CSS, Responsive Design, XHR & DOM, and debugging tools
- Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions
- Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team
- An interest in applying UX methodologies within the framework of Agile Development
- Ability to draft UX engagement plans, which outline design and usability goals and processes for achieving those goals, for consumption by cross-functional product teams. Plans could span multiple releases, device types, multiple products, and even product lines
- Perform basic user research (including user testing, focus groups, surveys, etc.) and develop and execute collaborative plans for addressing research findings
- Ability to create quick storyboards to illustrate early conceptual discussions/demos
- Drive to continually "raise the bar" and be an effective leader of positive change
- Passions for creating customer experiences that resonate on an emotional level
- Experience designing applications implemented by API’s a plus
- Familiarity with basic engineering concepts needed to have meaningful conversations about the UX tradeoffs for a given design based on API capability a plus
- A sense of humor is a plus!
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .