Kaiser Permanente Utility Optical Worker in Richmond, California
Under general supervision of production department supervisor, engages in any one or more of a variety of lesser skilled repetitive type tasks that can be learned in less than one week & require no significant exercise of independent judgment. Regular Utility Workers will consider apprentice positions after one year of service if a position is open. Utility Optical Workers employed in each laboratory department & shift performs the appropriate duties, as listed below. The numbers & assignments are at the discretion of the Employer.
• Within the Stock Department, perform such tasks as:
• Scanning & renaming trays.
• Supplying frames & lenses except for supplying lenses to the branches.
• Receiving coated lenses.
• Cleaning frames & returns.
• Miscellaneous supply ordering & restocking.
• Faxing & copying.
• Within the Surface Department, perform such tasks as:
• Equipment cleaning excluding setting the axis in the finishers and polishers, general wash up, & clean up duties.
• Tool stripping, but excluding picking or putting them away, taping, pin beveling, & alloy transport.
• Within the Bench Department, perform such tasks as; tabbing/de-tabbing, edging safety beveling, UV dying, automatic pattern making, lens cleaning, lens coating, & drop ball testing.
• Transporting prescriptions from lab to the branches &/or branches to lab.
• Lading/unloading truck deliveries.
• Preparing shipments.
• Serving as driver.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• HAZARDOUS CHEMICAL HANDLING, LARGE EQUIPMENT OPERATION,ENTRY LEVEL
Computer data entry experience required.
High School Diploma/GED.
Valid California Drivers License.
A minimal level of skill or optical expertise & minimal level of overall process knowledge
Excellent, demonstrated customer service skills
Ability to read & comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, & memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to customers, clients, & other employees of the organization.
Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
TITLE: Utility Optical Worker
LOCATION: Richmond, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.