SunTrust Banks Sr. Financial Manager in Richmond, Virginia
Req ID: W453567
SunTrust is searching for a Senior Financial Manager to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team supporting the Mortgage line of business. The position reports to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis and offers a high exposure to Consumer and Mortgage senior management. The role is responsible for providing research, analytics, and reporting to support the consolidated financial reporting, planning and analysis for the Mortgage LOB and presentation materials for review with senior management. The teammate will be performing business and financial analysis to improve business understanding and performance as they work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. The position also serves as a trusted advisor and financial consultant to key clients by reporting and interpreting financial and non-financial information identifying areas of opportunity and/or efficiency enhancements for the consolidated results of the MTG LOB. Act as a financial steward, being mindful of profitability enhancement ideas. Responsibilities:
- Prepare, maintain, and enhance consolidated financial reporting for the Mortgage LOB and business partners
- Support the FPA Manager in providing quality service and financial information to business partners
- Forecast scenario analysis
- Develop presentations of financial analysis to be delivered to the executive level
- Identify risks and opportunities in the financial forecast and plan. Requires identification of non-budgeted expenses and adjustments based on current trends vs. original projections.
- Perform in-depth analysis on key topics, such as indirect cost allocations and Mortgage Originations/Servicing systems expense
- Act as the finance resource for the head of Mortgage LOB
- Provide monthly benefit tracking of expenses to measure benefits derived from initiatives
- Assist with special projects, such as MBA Stratmor survey
- Provide profitability analytics, and any such analytics to support Mortgage SFO team and Mortgage senior leadership
Support Corporate Finance, Internal Audit, and External Audit Qualifications
Minimum of 2+ years of experience with increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance required; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Related mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills in finance, general accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, cost allocations
- Good understanding of the basic business disciplines in order to develop, analyze and interpret financial data
- Previous experience with Hyperion/Essbase financial applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with various functional groups
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill set
- Self-starter who can work independently while continuously delivering results
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.