Kelly Services Material Handler in Rockford, Illinois
Join the Kelly ® Professional & Industrial team as a first shift temp to hire Material Handler with our Rockford, IL customer.
In this position a Material Handler maintains incoming and outgoing product movement throughout the facility.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets. • Marks materials with identifying information.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers. • Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed. • Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards. • Uses computer to enter records.
• Drives material handling equipment to transport stored items to load/unload materials.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Warehouse experience or material handling experience a must.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of material.
The hours are Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM. The pay is $13.75/hr.
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.