UnityPoint Health Testing Facilitator-Chemical Dependency (Days) in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Sioux City
8am - 5pm
Collection, securing and shipping, to appropriate laboratory for drug testing, of bodily fluids. Exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow protocol as designed for each collection. Collections will include urine, saliva (including drug and alcohol) and breath alcohol. Ability to work independently and within a group environment.
- Accurately collects a variety of specimen following protocols for each specimen
- Accurately enters information in software, creating electronic record
- Assists drug testing and mobile testing employees with other duties as needed.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Secondary education with an emphasis on Medical Office environment is preferred
- 1-2 years Medical office environment
- Specimen collection certification and Alcohol Testing certification is not required at time of hire but required to attain within 60 days of hire.
- High level attention to detail and accuracy in data entry. Must attain basic knowledge of Federal and state regulations governing drug/alcohol testing.
Requisition ID: 2021-89350
Street: 2421 Riverside Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Corp Health-Drug Test- SLC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.00
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org