PPD Project Lead & PI: Systematic Literature Review in St, California
PROJECT LEAD / RESEARCH SCIENTIST (SYSTEMATIC LITERATURE REVIEW) – EVIDENCE SYNTHESIS
*We are looking to fill this role in our London, UK office; however, we will consider other locations based on the candidates’ experience and qualifications
Just about anyone seeking published articles to answer research questions can type terms into a database and then hope to make sense of the information retrieved. But when done without the right knowledge, skills, and experience, such an exercise risks answers that are biased, confusing, incomplete, or wholly incorrect. Poorly designed search algorithms, unworkable PICOS criteria and failure to follow PRISMA study-reporting guidelines are just a few of many things that often go wrong with such attempts at literature reviewing. This helps explain what makes Meta Research different. We offer broad clinical knowledge and expertise in finding and assessing complex information. This means our clients and Evidera colleagues can rely on us to discover, synthesize, and contextualize the data that really matter and thereby provide them with insights they could not have obtained by themselves. Here are just some of the things we help our clients and colleagues do:
- Understand new indications in context of specific product strategy
- Inform planning for primary research, such as choice of patient-reported outcome instruments and comparators
- Estimate clinical comparisons of products versus competitors
- Capitalize on existing research while assessing evidence gaps
- Provide information for value development planning
- Determine which databases have proved useful in target indications
- Derive model inputs
- Create burden-of-illness assessments for submission to payers
- Publish burden assessments for dissemination
- Populate dossiers
- Populate regulatory documents such as Risk Management Plans.
You’re different. You understand and can explain convincingly why systematic literature reviews are crucial. And you have that rare combination of technical knowhow, experience and enthusiasm necessary to successfully lead such research. That’s what we’ll want from you as a Research Scientist in our Meta Research team. Perhaps you’re skilled too in network meta-analysis (NMA) and/or epidemiology, and so will add to the team’s strengths in these or other specialist areas. But whatever your specific background and interests, you’ll be able to help ensure that the team’s thinking and approach to systematic literature reviews take account of cutting-edge research and best scientific and consulting practice. In addition, as a principal investigator on individual literature review projects and subsequent analyses, you’ll direct, oversee and have overall responsibility for all aspects of study design and execution. A natural collaborator, you’ll provide clients with strategic consultation and advice on how best to address research needs, and work closely with and guide project managers and other research associates in delivering the required studies. Specific accountabilities of the Research Scientist role are detailed below.
_Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):_
- Design and implement systematic and targeted literature reviews and further analysis.
- Conceptualize advanced study designs and develop study protocols.
- Lead interactions with clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
- Have final responsibility for project budgets, deliverables and timelines; and identify scope expansion and need for amendments.
- Review and finalize project deliverables and ensure study findings are valid and reliable.
- Participate in business development, including input into proposal review, kick-off meetings and bid defense meetings by reviewing key challenges and suggesting solutions.
- Support sales through methodological excellence (systematic reviews and/or NMAs)
- Review, track and own annual sales target
- Direct other "non-billable" activities (e.g. design conceptual approaches for proposals, supervise junior staff, identify and pursue business opportunities within Evidera and bring in new projects).
- Serve as consultant to other principal investigators or staff on other systematic review projects.
- Act as a guide and mentor to the staff across Evidera locations.
- Travel (internationally), as is expected.
_Education, Professional Skills & Experience:_
PhD or Master’s in health sciences, economics, biology, natural sciences or a related field with 8 or more years relevant systematic literature review (SLR) experience or Bachelor’s with extensive relevant SLR experience
Proven experience in systematic literature review methods in health economics and/or health services research; experience in network meta-analysis would be an advantage, but is not essential
_Personal Skills & Competencies:_
- Demonstrated experience in systematic review (SLR) methods in health economics and/or health services research.
- Deep understanding of research principles, relevant methodology and practical research implementation.
- Specialist skills in network meta-analysis or epidemiology would be desirable, but are not essential.
- Experience with HTA/regulatory submissions, including National Institute for Health and Care. Excellence, SMC, and other European HTA bodies and the European Medicines Agency
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations.
- Competent in written and spoken English.
- Experience in using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Organization: *GB USD BU
Title: Project Lead & PI: Systematic Literature Review
Location: GB-GB-London-London GBR
Requisition ID: 203064
Other Locations: CA-CA-St-Laurent-Evi St-Laurent QC, FR-FR-Ivry-sur-Seine Ced, US-MA-Waltham-Evidera Waltham MA
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group