Aerotek Project Engineer in Tampa, Florida
Aerotek Engineering in Tampa is currently hiring for a Project Engineer in Oldsmar, FL.
The Project Engineer works with a cross-functional group, and “hands on” to design, develop, validate, launch & support new products as they move through the NPD product life-cycle. This individual may lead 1-3 projects simultaneously, managing all aspects of the development cycle to insure targets are met. This role reports to the Engineering Manager but can function independently with little oversight.
• Support Supply Chain VA / VE projects to optimize product costs
• Fulfill the functions outlined in the Engineer II job description
• Apply engineering fundamentals to perform hand calculations to support design decisions
• Perform CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulations, analyze and utilize outputs to optimize product design and maximize fluid flow efficiencies.
• Manage all project related details throughout all phases of the product development process
• Work interdepartmentally to track the required cross-functional activities
• Develop & maintain project schedules that reflect critical milestones, and drive projects to the commitment dates
• Track and maintain project and product costs and ensure BOM and project budget targets are achieved
• Carry out risk mitigation action plans when critical requirements (technical/functional, manufacturability, supply, cost, schedule, etc) are in jeopardy
• Oversee validation and approval processes to insure key specification and performance requirements are met and regulatory listings are achieved
3+ years of solidworks design
Experience with plastic components
High volume manufacturing/consumer products
Leading a product from start to finish
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.