Performance Food Group Fleet Mechanic B in Taunton, Massachusetts
Fleet Mechanic B
Performance Foodservice Boston (0561)
A Fleet Technician B primarily focuses on the preventative maintenance of the fleet diesel equipment. A B level Technician may occasionally be responsible for operating a fleet shop in absence of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Technician.
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Fleet team works to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees’ use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
Complete minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system.
Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as “roadworthy”.
Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam).
Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
Train other employees.
Other projects or duties as assigned.
Address Line 1:
225 John Hancock Road
Taunton, Massachusetts (MA)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of one year related experience.
• Must possess own tools.
• Valid Driver’s License to operate applicable company vehicles
• Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
• Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
• Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.
• Some travel may be required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
• ASE Certifications.
• Trade school diploma or certification.
• Commercial Driver’s License.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)