PPD Desktop Svcs Tech in The Villages, Florida
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
As a Desktop Services Technician, you will provide direct technical support to computer system users focused on areas such as hardware and software, printing, VPN connectivity etc.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
With some direction, provides direct technical support to computer system users; Answers complex and difficult questions to resolve computer problems for clients; Provides assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, VPN connectivity, electronic mail and operating systems. Provides desk side support for end users.
- Sets up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Conducts computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Determines computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with clients.
- Designs and conducts hardware or software tests.
- Assists in inventory control and asset management.
Education and Experience:
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
Technical positions may require a certificate.
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 4 years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, PC hardware and desktop application products.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on a desktop platform
- Strong customer service communication skills
- Must be able to multi task and pay close attention to detail.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *US BU
Title: Desktop Svcs Tech
Location: FL-The Villages-The Villages
Requisition ID: 202668
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group