Marriott Asst. Dir. of Rooms 助理房务部总监 in China
Job Number 21103276
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Yiwu Marriott Hotel, 188 Futian Road, Yiwu, Zhejiang, China
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Assists in successfully planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating of the quality of property’s rooms. The position ensures Rooms Operations meet the brand’s standards and targets customer needs. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Assists in leading specific team while meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Leading of Rooms Team
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
• Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
• Understands the functions of the Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping operations.
• Temporarily supervises all areas of the Room Operations department in the absence of the Room Operations management.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Room Operations goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
• Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Participates in employee progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Assists in performing the payroll function.
• Oversees daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Drives positive employee engagement by conducting the department feedback sessions and creating action plans to address open concerns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.