Oracle Software Development Manager in India
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Are you interested in a dynamic working environment where you are constantly presented with new challenges?
Do you enjoy fast-paced problem solving?
Would you like to see how customers use products in all sorts of unexpected ways?
If so, this job could be for you!
The Customer Focused Engineering organisation is considered the go-to team for all aspects of product field experience at Oracle, we're best known for diagnosis and resolution of bugs in just about all of the Oracle Server Technologies product areas. When the Oracle support organisation needs additional assistance in solving a customer-reported problem, they come to us to fix it at the source code level. Often the stakes can be high: a production system is down, an upgrade or new application roll-out is delayed. Oracle software powers the engines of almost all of the best known companies, so millions of dollars can be at risk if it fails. Airline reservation systems, banking transactions, online shopping, all depend on swift resolution of problems. Our engineers, many of whom have been with us for ten years or more, are able to piece together clues from the failures and come up with resolutions, often by reverse engineering code paths to arrive at the problem scenario. For a member of this team, it can be exceedingly gratifying to see the immediate result of our solutions. Variety and fresh challenges are defining features of our work.
The Customer Focused Engineering work environment is technically challenging: You have to be able to conceptualise the interaction of software components and products together in a stack. You need to be prepared to expect the unexpected and have a strong focus on customer satisfaction. If the opportunity to resolve real-world customer problems in the world's most important software products is exciting to you, then come join us. You can be guaranteed never to be bored!
This position is for Oracle Database Customer Focused Engineering Organisation where the selected candidate would manage team of highly skilled engineers working in one or more components of Oracle Database.
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· Software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
· Good analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 6+ years of people management experience, including managing managers and senior software engineers
· Experience managing teams with strong customer focused development
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
· Experience in Relational Database Management Software(RDBMS) like Oracle, MYSQL etc. will be a big plus
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Any previous experience in working with Big Data or leveraging machine learning in improving customer experience is desirable.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.