Textron Regional Sales Manager in United States
Regional Sales Manager
Identify new sales opportunitiesand increase sales by routinely interfacing with distribution partners andpromoting Lycoming products to flight training organizations, retail serviceproviders and end users.
Manage commercial relationshipsbetween regional distributors and Lycoming Engines. Partner with assigneddistributors to help facilitate sales relations and capture new business. Attend,participate and represent Lycoming at regional and industry trade shows. Teach,train, and present product (technical & sales) information to distributors,show attendees and end customers.
This position reports to the Directorof Sales. Regional Sales Manager are responsible for commercial relationshipswith product distributors and therefore interfaces with Lycoming’s CustomerService, Product Support, and Marketing departments on a regular basis to helpdistribution partners achieve their sales goals.
- Achieve targeted sales goals forassigned territory.
- Identify and develop new Lycomingregional business opportunities.
- Partner with and support regionaldistributors through sales and product training.
- Liaison between customers andLycoming support resources to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Travel extensively withinrespective region and strategically arrange meetings and sessions withdistributors, fleet customers, FBO’s, field overhaul shops, etc., to developmarket growth strategies.
- Represent Lycoming at regionalindustry shows and present technical & sales information to attendingcustomers.
- Bachelor Degree in AeronauticDiscipline, Engineering or equivalent business related experience
- Thorough knowledge of generalaviation industry
- 5-7 years hands on experience
- Sales, marketing and negotiationskills
- Demonstrate leadership withoutdirect line authority
- Self-motivated, customer-focused,problem solver with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills
- Aviation technical backgroundsufficient to intervene, when necessary, to solve customer issues
- Possess one or more of thefollowing FAA licenses: A&P, IA, or Pilot’s License is desirable
- Approximately 75% Domestic TravelRequired
Additional Competencies Required:
Teamwork approach; ability toresolve conflicts; strong organizational, interpersonal and communicationsskills; ability and willingness to travel as necessary and knowledge of SixSigma methodologies preferred.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location United States
Recruiting Company Textron Systems: Lycoming Engines
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 292786