PPD Senior HR Accommodation Specialist in United States
As part of the HR Advisory team, the Accommodations Specialist will provide quality case management to employees, candidates, and key stakeholders, oftentimes acting as the employee’s first point of contact in the accommodations process. They will play a pivotal role in responding to candidates and employees with disabilities/health conditions who request reasonable accommodations. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and maintaining a high-level of confidentiality in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the accommodation process
- Manage and track incoming requests via the case management system
- Review documentation conduct interactive communications with employees and candidates, being a liaison between people management, appropriate medical providers, and/or points of contact for disability and worker’s compensation to seek clarity for issue resolution and follow-up of certified limitations.
- Provide guidance to employees, managers, HR advisors, HR business partners and any other stakeholders regarding the accommodation process
- Respond to employee and internal stakeholder inquiries related to the reasonable accommodations processes and policy, globally.
- Advise regarding global reasonable accommodations program components, disability pay benefits, and leave programs, as well as mitigate risk while working with HR, managers, employment law advisors, employees, and candidates on accommodations requests.
- Utilize relevant and appropriate medical information to assist with identifying and implementing reasonable accommodations through the interactive process.
- Approve and/or negotiate reasonable alternative accommodations as well as deny requests based on relevant factors, when appropriate.
- Support internal investigations related to accommodation claims.
- Produce and analyze reports and metrics, including ad hoc reports concerning accommodation trends.
- Track and monitor case actions and documentation in the case tracking system while maintaining confidentiality.
- Identify/spot issues and opportunities for process improvement and recommend/document solutions.
- Bachelor's degree orequivalentand relevantformalacademic /vocational qualification.
- 4 years of accommodation specific case management experience, working directly with employees, candidates, and cross-functional partners.
- Previousexperiencethat provides theknowledge, skills,andabilities to performthejob (comparableto
- 4years’) orequivalentcombinationofeducation, training, &experience.
- Thorough knowledge of US-specific Federal and State disability laws regarding assessing and determining accommodations for employees with disabilities, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA.
- Experience communicating decisions effectively and recognizing legal risk associated with disability issues while prioritizing case elements.
- Knowledge of case tracking systems, or related tools.
- Knowledge of disability laws and regulations regarding reasonable accommodations for employees outside the US (Globally).
- Experience with ServiceNow (or similar case management systems).
- Experience in HR generalist, employee relations and/or business partner roles.
- HR or Disability Management certification.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Job: *Human Resources
Organization: *HR BU
Title: Senior HR Accommodation Specialist
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 202548
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group