SunTrust Veterans Jobs

Transitioning Military Job Search

Job Information

Natural Resources Conservation Service Program Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia


This position is in the USDA, FPAC, Office of the Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Business Services, Services Integration and Modernization (SIM) Team. and is responsible for planning, evaluating & analyzing programmatic aspects of agency operations ensuring efficient delivery of USDA Farm Bill administrative operations.

This position is planned to be transitioned to NRCS contingent on final reorganization approval and will be in the Office of the Chief, Mission Delivery Optimization (MDO) team.


Analyzes Information Technology (IT) system requirements to develop program and/or administrative reporting systems including the systems specifications, data gathering and analytical techniques, and systems evaluation methodology

Develops and conducts comprehensive studies of program operations efficiency and productivity; and designs management surveys identifying systematic issues or problems impacting FPAC supported agencies.

Develops comprehensive business process descriptions, case, diagrams, workflow models and other types of structured analysis products in order to address business requirements impacting program operations.

Oversees and implements training sessions for SIM team-chartered information technology systems; ensures the implementation of relevant program(s) software tools and training products.


Conditions of Employment


Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below. Time In Grade Requirement: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level and one year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. (Please submit your SF-50 that shows Time-in-Grade eligibility and reflects your title, series, and grade. No Award or General Adjustment SF-50's will be accepted). Specialized Experience: To qualify for the GS-13 level, you must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service performing the following duties: supporting the department in providing program information and results to leadership; collaborating with other staff to develop and implement program improvement plans; formulating manuals, handbooks, training and other program materials; and revising policies to promote consistency and program efficiency. (Your resume must clearly demonstrate this experience) Specialized Experience: To qualify for the GS-14 level, you must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level or higher in Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service performing the following duties: maintaining and analyzing policies and activities for use in national program operations and delivery; researching and identifying inefficiencies as well as new or improved business and management practices for application to key agency programs and operations; developing and management actions plans, individual project plans, procedures and strategic evaluation techniques for Farm Bill financial and technical assistance programs; implementing training sessions for SIM team-chartered information system systems; and monitoring implementation of financial assistance program policies. (Your resume must clearly demonstrate this experience) Note: There is no education substitution for the GS-13/14 level. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.


You must submit a copy of your college transcripts or a list of college courses with credit hours, dates completed, and grades received to verify all education requirements (i.e. substitution of education and/or basic education requirement). If a relevant course is not clearly qualifying (e.g. special topic, seminar, research, thesis, obscure or misleading course title, etc.), please submit an official course syllabi and/or detailed course description from the university/college for that particular course to ensure you are properly evaluated. Please note that qualifications determinations are based solely on the information submitted for each particular vacancy announcement. You must document all requirements on every vacancy; we cannot use previous determinations as a basis for rating. All required information must be received by the closing date of this announcement, and non-submission of all required documents/documentation will result in non-consideration. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted. This information must be received by the closing date of this announcement. Non-submission of these documents will result in non-consideration. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation via this link. All education claimed by applicants will be verified accordingly. Important: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. Click on this link for more information.

Additional Information

Locality Pay: The salary for each location may vary depending on locality. Locality tables my be found at Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP or RPL eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100. Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period. If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you will be placed under a career development plan, and may be non-competitively promoted if you successfully complete the requirements and if recommended by management. However, promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed. This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the position and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor. PLEASE NOTE: In the interest of filling these positions as efficiently as possible, we are requiring the following: If called for an interview, applicants must be available to interview within 3 business days of being contacted. If a tentative job offer is extended, selectee will have 2 business days in which to accept or decline. Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may be authorized; Management may authorize superior qualifications & enhanced annual leave for applicants who are deemed to be highly qualified. Relocation expenses may be authorized as allowable by Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and USDA policy.